SEND code of practice
The Children and Families Act 2014 includes changes to the support and services children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities will receive. These changes came into force on 1 September 2014 and affect all practitioners.
The 0 to 25 special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) code of practice, sets out a more individualised response to support children with special educational needs and disabilities.
You can read more on the Government's website.
Your setting may also be supported by the following:
- Our eLearning module: Overview of the SEND code of practice for early years. This course is not available. We will relaunch it on our new booking system soon.
- Early years: guide to the 0 to 25 SEND code of practice. Government guidance
- Essex County Council briefing - PDF 1.24MB (opens in new window)
- SEN and disability in the early years toolkit - links to the Foundation Years website.
- Council for Disabled Children: What do the SEN and disability reforms mean for early years settings (January 2016).