The Essex Child and Family Wellbeing Service offers health and family support services in the community. Virgin Care provides the service for us across Essex. The NHS provides services in Harlow, Uttlesford and Epping Forest.
Services are for children from before they are born, through to the age of 19. For young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) this is up to the age of 25. There is a family hub in each district plus a range of delivery and outreach sites across the county.
For families the service offers:
- health visiting including pre-birth contact
- support for parents, such as help with breastfeeding and choosing childcare
- school nursing support for young people in schools and their families
- family health advice
- help for parents to give their children the best start
- support to parents to develop resilience
Family health advice includes:
- how to deal with substance misuse
- maternal and infant mental health
Support for children and young people aged 5 to 19, this includes help with:
- dental care
- physical problems
- emotional problems
- developmental problems
For childcare providers the service offers:
- a health visitor or healthy family support worker for every setting
- to work in partnership to offer integrated checks for eligible 2-year-olds
- support to identify any additional needs early
- information, advice and guidance
Visit the Essex Child and Family Wellbeing Service to find out more. You can also find your nearest family hub or family hub delivery site.