Inclusion funding to provide enhanced support
If you are on the Ofsted register, you can apply for inclusion funding if you are a:
- nursery or preschool
- school with a nursery offering Free Early Education Entitlement (FEEE) funding
- school or academy where childcare is non-statutory
You can use the funding to pay for an extra person so you can support a child who has:
- a disability
- special educational needs
- an identified need
You must use the funding to:
- give full support to the child
- help the child to feel included
- help the child to take part in activities
You cannot use the funding to:
- buy training
- buy resources
- set up or attend meetings
Information to be aware of
Funding is only available for the times the child is in attendance and no more than 10 hours per day.
If your application is for more than £5,000 (five thousand pounds), you must agree to contact from our business management consultants.
Your application form needs to be a stand-alone document. The Funding Panel won't read extra information or supporting evidence if your application form is not completed in full.
If you are applying for Continued Funding:
- you don't need to get it endorsed
- you don't need a supporting statement
Continued Funding is when you need Inclusion Funding to continue from last year or for hours not covered by the SEN Premium.
Need more help?
Our business management consultants can give you help, support and advice about grants or funding. Email them at email@example.com.
The Early Years and Childcare Funding Panel
Professionals and parents make up the Funding Panel. The Chair is a councillor from Essex County Council. They will look at evidence to make sure the child needs the level of help in your application. It should be more than the child would get under the legal ratio required by Ofsted.
The Funding Panel meets on the third Tuesday of the month. If you are successful, funding will start from the date of the meeting to the end of each financial year.
They must receive your applications for:
- Full Inclusion Funding by the 1st of each month
- Interim Inclusion Funding by the Monday of the week before the meeting. (The second Monday of each month.)
Funding Panel meeting dates 2020 to 2021
- 17 Mar
- 21 April
- 19 May
- 16 June
- 21 July
- 18 August
- 15 September
- 20 October
- 17 November
- 15 December
- 19 January
- 16 February
Application forms and child details form (this must accompany each application):
Information to assist with your application:
- Inclusion funding guidance - to follow
- Provision mapping guidance - PDF, 96KB