The morning will be spent finding out about the support on offer from the local authority and relevant websites, as well as funding and assessment, including assessment for an Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP). We will consider what high quality practice looks like, and how to raise a concern about a child with the relevant professionals.
The afternoon will focus on the ‘My Early Years One Plan’, a document that incorporates the graduated approach, and can be used when being asked to provide information for funding or an Education Health and Care Plan.
- New to the SENCO role
- Current SENCOs but have not accessed previous training
- Might be planning to access the Level 3 Certificate for SENCOs in Early Years (CERTSEY) training.
At the end of this event you will be able to:
- Know who you can contact for support and advice
- Know what help and support is available to you and be able to access it
- Understand the process to support a child with SEND in your setting.
You can book your place on Education Essex online booking system by searching for ‘Role of the SENCO’.