Respect parents, carers, and families as our partners
- Valuing and actively listening to families to support the learning and experiences of their children
- Ensuring our information is easy to find and easy to understand. It will open doors to services
- Ensuring consistent signposting for families, with support tailored to their needs
- Providing support for children and parents who have additional needs or if they become vulnerable, and communicating this support clearly
- Aiming to offer flexible services which support and help parents as they work and study
Useful information and websites
Click on the links below to find out more.
The Essex Family-Friendly Employers Charter is a set of minimum principles that sets out howe employers can help parents and carers manage their work and caring commitments.
Adult Community Learning (ACL) - provide support in starting or developing a career in either schools or early years
Talk, Listen, Cuddle (TLC) is an Essex campaign helping parents, carers and families give their young children the best start to life, developing their early language and communication skills through playful learning at home.
Essex Local Offer - Information about support services and local opportunities for children and young people with SEND
Essex Schools Infolink SEND - The local authority SEND teams provide advice, guidance and training to schools, early years setting and colleges, about the provision of high-quality support for all children and young people as well as manager the statutory SEND processes across Essex