Updates from Essex County Council to the early years sector are published on the COVID19 - Coronavirus page. Please make sure you access this and the news items on a regular basis as this is where we'll provide updates.
January 2021 to June 2021 online training
Our training booking forms are currently hosted on Citizen Space. This is a temporary arrangement until our online shop goes live. Be the first to know when it does and subscribe to the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Newsletter.
In the meantime, read about each course and book places by visiting the links below.
We'll update this page on a regular basis. So remember to revisit from time to time.
- Autism Education Trust: Good autism practice (early years)
- Autism Education Trust: Leading good autism practice (early years)
- Autism Education Trust: Extending and enhancing good autism practice (early years)
- Baby Room Leader
- Business management termly update
- Committee forum
- Early years mental health - Me, You, Us - Understand emotional dynamics in the early years setting
- Early years mental health: the role of the early years practitioner
- EYFS Conference 2021
- Early years foundation stage reforms briefing 2021
- ELKLAN speech and language
- Safeguarding level 1
- Safeguarding level 2 (for early years and childcare practitioners in non-school based settings)
- Supporting children learning English as an additional language
- Trauma Perceptive Practice: The Essex approach to understanding behaviour and supporting emotional wellbeing
- Youth mental health awareness
For more information about our traded services, please visit the Traded Services pages on Essex Schools Infolink.
EYFS settings in Braintree, Chelmsford, Epping Forest, Harlow and Uttlesford
The Saffron Teaching School Hub are developing their 2021 - 2022 CPD programme and would be very grateful if you could complete the short survey below on behalf of your setting. It should only take 5 minutes and will really help them in planning a CPD package that suits the needs of your setting.
Early years mental health event
On Thursday 10 June 2021, Catherine Stephenson from Therapeutic Teaching, will be delivering 'Me, You, Us - Understanding emotional dynamics in the early years setting'. This virtual event will explore the implications of an insecure attachment profile on the ‘child - key person’ relationship and practitioner well-being. Catherine will also look at emotional dynamics to foster safety in relationship and in the setting context. The session will close with a Q & A session.
- In-house training booking form (for safeguarding and English as an additional language)
If you are interested in Making Sense of Autism or Good Autism Practice training for your whole staff, please email your Inclusion Partner to express your interest.
Accessing our training
You don’t have to work in an Essex early years and childcare setting to do our training. Find out if you or your setting is eligible and our prices.
If you need any help
For Early Years and Childcare (EYCC) face-to-face training, online webinars and eLearning enquiries, email email@example.com or call 0333 013 9891.
Tell us what you think
Thank you for your feedback on the types of training you want on offer. Keep sending your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use your feedback to shape future training.